For Infosecurity Magazine I’m writing a feature on ‘Securing Smart City Technology Adoption: Managing Privacy & Cyber Risk’.
This article will give a short intro to the topic, looking at the main privacy and cyber risk challenges with smart city technology. Then it will break out into dedicated to three case studies of cities that have made great strides in becoming a ‘smart technology’. There will be one city each from North America and Europe. The third could be in APAC or a second city from N America or Europe.
For the article, I am looking for
– background information and research papers looking at established or emerging smart cities;
– analyst or research comment on the smart city movement
– analyst or research comment on securing technology in a smart city context
– input from city leaders and smart city technology project managers
– input from vendors, provided they have direct experience with smart city security
The deadline to submit ideas is 1700, BST, 12 September. Please email ideas in the first instance.