My October piece on storage technology for Computer Weekly will look at storage and its relationship with the cloud.
Some of the arguments for object storage are quite compelling, including the need for vast amounts of capacity and the need to support stateless web and mobile apps.
But what is the reality? How are object storage products developing? How important is the cloud in object storage, and how effectively do the two technologies work together?
The piece will cover:
- Why object storage is relevant and how it works
- Benefits and drawbacks of object storage
- Current and emerging use cases
- Size of the object storage market
- Trends: how object storage might develop
- Plus a vendor and product section
For this piece, as well as analysts and researchers we are open to talking to established and emerging vendors from both the storage and cloud technology worlds.
The deadline for story leads is 1700, BST, Tuesday 11th September. Interviews will need to be completed by Friday 14th September.
Please contact me by email with details of proposed spokespeople.